Privacy & GDPR Policy
The Supporters’ Trust is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
The Supporters’ Trust may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from 23/05/18.
What we collect
We may collect the following information:
- your name
- contact information including postal address, telephone number(s) and email address
- any changes regarding the information above you wish to tell us about.
- your Supporters’ Trust membership number
- other information relevant to your membership of the Trust
- Data you submit in response to surveys and/or offers
- Anonymous statistical data regarding the use of our website
- Any other information the Trust requires to fulfil it’s legal obligations or contracts with you
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping
- Maintaining a register of Trust members as required by applicable law
- Ensuring members rights to vote in Trust ballots, special meetings, AGMs and elections
- We may use the information to improve our customer service and keep you informed of Supporters’ Trust events and meetings
- We may periodically send promotional emails about special offers from carefully selected partners
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone or mail. We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests.
For the purposes outlined above, The Supporters’ Trust will retain all information you provide indefinitely unless you specifically request it to be removed (in full or in part) from our records. Please see the ‘Your Choices’ section below for further details on how to change or amend the data we hold.
We respect your privacy rights. Should you wish to access or amend the data we hold on you please write to York City Supporters’ Society Ltd, Springwood Farm, Mains Lane, York. YO60 7JU or email email@example.com
Should you request that we fully remove all records we hold on you, we will explain what data (if any) we are required to hold by law (e.g. Trust member contact information). We will endeavour to respond to your request as quickly as possible and act in full accordance with the law.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Cookies we use include Google Analytics and other cookies required to provide an efficient and user-friendly website.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes
- if you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. A small administration fee will be payable. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to York City Supporters’ Society Ltd, Springwood Farm, Mains Lane, York. YO60 7JU or email email@example.com.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible, at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.