Farewell Bootham Crescent Celebration Dinner
Info & Complimentary Tickets for Ex-Players & Managers
Whilst conducting research in the City Archives in 2002, York City Supporters’ Trust discovered details of a celebration dinner held at the Royal Station Hotel to mark the purchase of Bootham Crescent by the football club in 1948. To mark our future departure from Bootham Crescent, the founding Trust board decided to hold a celebration dinner at the hotel. Some 18 years later, we are pleased to fulfil this commitment with a celebration dinner to be held on Friday 7th February 2020 at the original venue (now the Principal Hotel York).
The Bootham Crescent Farewell Dinner promises to be a celebration of all things York City, with numerous exciting features including:
- Welcome Red & Blue cocktails for each guest from 7pm
- Specially commissioned 3-course menu with a nod to 1940s cuisine, with a modern twist (guests can choose from a set menu in January)
- Audio visual show featuring archive match footage, photos and radio commentary
- Recreation of the original Royal York Hotel Oak Room where the 1948 dinner was held
- Special guest after dinner speakers from the world of football and York City
- Beat the keeper competition, grand prize draw and several other fun activities
- DJ, live band and dancing late into the evening (carriages at midnight)
- Relaxed, lounge suit dress code
- Fully licensed pay bar
Ex-player / Manager Complimentary Tickets
The Supporters’ Trust are keen to have as many ex-players in attendance at the celebration dinner as possible. We are offering one complimentary ticket to each ex-player / manager. Additional tickets for partners, friends and family can be purchased at cost price of £40.
To register for your free / additional tickets, please complete the form below. We will be in touch regarding food orders and payment for additional tickets in due course.