History & Background
Whilst conducting research in the City Archives in 2002, York City Supporters’ Trust discovered details of a celebration dinner held at the Royal Station Hotel to mark the purchase of Bootham Crescent by the football club in 1948.
To mark our future departure from Bootham Crescent, the founding Trust board decided to hold a celebration dinner at the hotel (now the Principal York). Some 18 years later, we are pleased to fulfil this commitment with a celebration dinner to be held on Friday 7th February 2020.
The menu has been crafted by the Principal Hotel’s award-winning chefs to give a nod to the original 1940s dinner held at the hotel by the club. Taking on a contemporary twist, there are three options for each course. Food orders will be taken two weeks before the event.
- Cream of Vegetable Soup (v)
- Spam Fritter ‘Chips’ with Mustard Mayo Dip & Gaufrette Potatoes
- Fish Cake with chilli cream and green salad
- Vegetable Pie with vegetarian suet lid and seasonal vegetables (v)
- Cod loin, sautee potatoes, pea puree, samphire and pancetta
- Braised feather blade steak & Yorkshire Pudding with a seasonal vegetables
- Black Magic Chocolate Bread & Butter Pudding with Crème anglaise
- Summer Fruit & Pineapple Jelly
- Yorkshire Cheeses
- Tea & Coffee
Let your hair down and say goodbye.
The event is designed to be a relaxed and fun-packed evening to give all York City fans to celebrate our memories of Bootham Crescent. Formal dinner jackets are not required. Lounge suits are absolutely fine and we encourage everyone to accessorise in club colours if they wish.