This year’s AGM was held at the Bishopthorpe Sports and Social Club. It was attended by over 70 members which is a marked increase on last year’s meeting. There were also 68 members who submitted proxy votes for the Board Election making this AGM the most engaged with for several years.
This year’s Trust Board Elections had a bumper number of candidates with 9 potential new members. The Elections on the night were held by a show of hands counted by the Election Committee made up of James Richardson and Trust Secretary Sam Plaxton. In addition to in person votes Trust Vice Chair Jim Calverley, who chaired this section of the meeting, submitted 68 proxy votes from verified members.
The results of the elections are below, abstains were not counted in the room at the AGM therefore only Yes and No votes are presented.
- Robin Bowes Yes 103, No 5 – Elected
- David Craven Yes 103, No 3 – Elected
- James Daniels Yes 100, No 3 – Elected
- Richard Hall Yes 97, No 5 – Elected
- Matthew Long Yes 111, No 4 – Elected
- Steve Ovenden Yes 115, No 1 – Elected
- Steve Saxton Yes 104, No 3 – Elected
- Seth Sowerby Yes 109, No 2 – Elected
- Sarah Stelling Yes 96, No 6 – Elected
Congratulations to all our candidates, all of them achieved sufficient yes votes to be elected to the Trust Board and all current members will welcome them in and upcoming Board Meeting.